måndag 11 mars 2013

The greatest gift of all. Life.

Sometimes, like just a few minutes ago. It hits me.

That I have something inside of me that doesn't

really belong to me.
It belonged to someone that isn't laughing, smiling,
loving and living anymore. 

He or she is gone, forever, dead.

And his or her family is missing a young
member of their family.
Someone is missing their best friend.

I don't really know how to describe how I feel

when I start thinking about it. It doesn't upset me.
It doesn't make me cry, angry or scared.

I guess it makes me think about how short life is.

How grateful I am to be alive. 

But still ... it is a very strange feeling, that no one,

unless you go through the same thing, will ever
understand. 

Like the first time I had to have an ultrasound

here in my hometown.
They realized they had nothing to compare the

liver to. As this was the first time we saw it
on the screen. 
All my old xrays are rubbish.
My old liver doesn't exist anymore.

Neither does my angel. My donor. 

But he or she gave me life, when it
was their time to go.



1 kommentar:

  1. STOR BAMSEKRAM! du är en riktig överlevare. var stolt över dig. våra ärr att bara överlevnad och jag ser det som en påminnelse över hur starka vi faktiskt är :)

    mina kompiar brukar peppa mig med att det ser ut som en en sån "alba" sånt magrute streck man får mitt i magen, haha!

    men som sagt trots det så är det ju inte lätt när det är jäkligt svårt! kram

    SvaraRadera